Saturday 19 January 2008

Just another thought

They say that when someone has occupied that special little place in your heart, there isn't much to say. It's homerun!

You don't need to say "I like you" or "I'm fond of you" or "I love you" often. It's understood between the two of you. Just keeping each other company and confiding in one another is adequate enough. Having dinner, sharing a cab and joking with each other are the simple things that brought the two of you closer. No need to buy presents because you feel oblige. Or call and text often just so the other know you're still thinking of the person. No kiddish stuff.

I never knew this could be one way to call someone a boyfriend. All the while I thought I have to bring it to some unknown level, somekind of abstract place, and work from there instead of kicking it off as friends. And doing many things that friends do except that you do them more often with that someone, alone. It's not that hard afterall. It's quite simple and easy-going actually. Never knew I could do it.

Couples usually quarrel because of lack of time spent together, and me being naive to these kinda things thought that's how it's supposed to be. It's like there's a certain code of conduct and mode of behaviour we are oblige to adhere. Who ever said so? Hahak...who ever said so?

I call him when in need of support, when I'm at the edge. And though busy he answers my call and ensures that I'm fine before hanging up. If he doesn't, I do get mad but that's unreasonable right? He can't attend to your needs always. No one has to do that to anyone. But I know what he'll say. And that's comforting enough.

If he's merely a friend, then? Who ever said your boyfriend cannot be like any other friend of yours? He doesn't need to be special always. He'll get bored and the two of you will tire out. Next thing you know, flop! Goodbye. =) No need for double-standard; that's pathetic. And in my opinion that's the reason for the first crack in your relationship.

And physical intimacy, it's more of a want isn't it? You want to caress the other, kiss the lips, and run your hands through his/her hair and look into the eyes and say "I love you." Puh-lease, that's so soap! Hahak...And undeniably "physical intimacy" more often than not means sex. If you're ready for sex, then go ahead. If it's rushed then...uhm...I think it's more of lust than love and that's not a good sign. My friend and I have this theory which we like to testify -

"Which of the two would lead to a more successful relationship? Love then have sex, or sex then love?"

Basically it means you either love the person and that's why you have sex with the person or you have sex with the person and then hope that love will bloom between the two of you. What's your stand? I wanna hear 'em.

As you guys have gathered, I'm in Lalaland and it's damn good to be in it! Hahak. It's so funny to think of it. I can only laugh at how ridiculously childish this feeling makes me feel. Lol...haiks...

Love ya'll

No comments: