Wednesday 23 January 2013

I dont get post dramatic theatre. And if i were to use it i will make sure i will do it right amd integrated

I really don't understand post dramatic theatre. I have yet to read more on it so it is a little unfair to dislike it. But to me theatre should also be accessible. Performing art is known as 'theatre' and it's OK of they don't have an audience. What's that? What's that then? It's like masturbating on stage.

I can accept if a director adds post dramatic theatre form somewhere appropriate in the play because it is powerful and creative (powerfully creative) it can be mind-blowing. But it has to be done right. It can only work as an effective style if the 'choreography' and elements are 'correctly' done. Otherwise, it will look ridiculous and separated which then mean s/he has failed to me.

I would like to put post dramatic elements in plays I direct (if I get to some day) and I will do my best to make it appropriate and effective. It's one of those things that cannot fail if one wants to do it. It's annoying and irritating because it doesn't make sense.

No comments: