Saturday 22 March 2008

Theatrically speaking

Had Young Co. just now with Sue and 5 other people (instead of 10+ more). It was good. A good session. So far, all my Young Co. sessions have been fun.

I learn what it's like becoming and being an actor. And acting is no easy thing. You think some actors are acting? Well they are "acting" all right. If I had a better looking face and body, I'll be a celebrity in Singapore by now (or least till after my NS). Sorry but I have to say that. I'm mad at the public supporting some of our (supposed) local actors, on screen especially. Wake up and watch true theatre and excellent screen acting, and then you'd know. =)

Haiks...I have another confession to make. Because theatre acting has been a huge part of my life, it's been theatre-ed somehow, inevitably. My own character is always filled with theatrics. Explains the over the top behaviour sometimes? Yeah. It's all the theatre acting. It's now become part of me. And I can't shake it off.

So I'm sorry if I show it too loudly. It's hard to hide behind the highly theatre-ed me. The theatrics hides nothing. Instead, almost everything I do gets magnified and exaggerated. So I'm sorry if I appear as a drama queen/king. I can't help it. It's too well embedded in me. I'm theatrical by nature now.

Which sadly isn't a good thing because that means people don't think I'm actually acting on stage. Even I find it so. So how to I make my acting believable? I don't know. I'm only 20. i've a lot to learn.

Love ya'll

No comments: