Friday 5 October 2007

Ruzzie says (2)...

Maklumlah eh these past days I've not been taking my vitamins so been sick. All I need to do is to get near someone who's sick and voila! mua fall sick.

So since I'm bored, I've been thinking. I mean I ought to do something productive other than lusting over hot D. Hahak. Yeah yeah I know I'm fasting. But you cannot stop a man from lusting. You can control how far you wanna lust over someone but not the the instigation part. For that part to not work you have to not be a human. =)

One
Which is true?
a) Love the woman/man you marry (think modern context of more receptive society)?
or
b) Marry the woman/man you love?

ans: (a)
reason: If you think about it, you are gonnabe spending your lifetime with someone. Might as well do the good part by falling in love with the person, aight? Perhaps this is why arranged marriages work. =)

Two
You know you board buses and there are those green seats, right? And those seats are meant for the elderly or those who need 'em more than you, right? What if you are on a rather empty bus and an old man board the bus and you are sitting on one of those green seats. What should you do?

a) Get up and find another seat.
or
b) Let the old man find another seat.

ans: unknown
reason: Ok first thing first, those seats are meant for them. So it sorta mean that those seats are "reserved" for them. That means when an old man comes on board, he's entitled to those seats. You have to give 'em up to those who have reserved them. Logical?

Yet on the other hand, there are so many seats available and hence the above argument would be void. The alarm should ring off only when the bus is full. But us being Singaporean we usually close one eye (or both eyes) and pretend to not see and fall asleep so effectively those seats still have your butt prints on them till your stop comes.

Confusion, confusion, confusion...

Three
Ok this one is rather sensitive so I'm gonnabe careful about it. Your "race" depends on your skin colour or something skin deep?

a) Skin colour.
or
b) Something skin deep.

ans: unknown
reason: I'm reading this book Cane River by Lalita Tademy. It's about the life of "coloured people" in different communities. In the introduction, Tademy mentioned something like her grandmother is fair, fair enough to pass as being white, yet she's being treated not like a white. This story is set in the 1950's.

And her cousin was her late grandmama's favourite cause she didn't look like the rest. She's white skin, like Ellimone, Tademy's great grandmother.

And it made me ponder cause apparently this kinda thing is still prevalent in our society, in any society for that matter. I cannot get the politics of colour. I mean it's simply colour. And yes colour is important. It helps us identify same things together. For e.g. you have your English file Blue in colour and your Math file Red in colour. It's not being prejudice. It's simply for easy filing and studying. Right?

So when you have colours on objects that are not inanimate, suddenly the rules changed and things start to get serious. This is not a joking matter, or something that should be taken lightly. I know. We are human beings. And humans have feelings. Humans are sensitive.

But if you compare humans and those coloured files, you won't see much difference. Like those files, the papers inside are same in colour i.e white (ignore colour papers, they were once white). Under our skin colour, we have a heart, lungs, liver, brains, intestines, rectum, arteries, blood, plasma, bacteria. So why we do not treat each other fairly?

We will definitely have conflicts. But those conflicts stem from our different views on the same thing. It's based on our morals and ethics. Individual very own mindset, not skin-set. Again, mindset and not anything more. If you decide to look at the outside appearance and equate that to mindset of a person then I think you should watch The Queen. Let the queen bitch some senses into you. =) Unless you wannabe cadaverous then proceed. =)

Moving On
When you've made a mistake, you're advised to move on. These are the steps you should take.
a) Identify the problem. (check)
b) Get help. (check)
c) Try to move on. (uncheck; how?)

This one I often need help, the last step. Thank God I manage to wriggle out of depression again last Monday by being distracted. Distraction is a good sport. It keeps you away from lamenting too much into your problems, and over thinking it. But that don't mean you've solved the problem. They're simply put at bay.

Sometimes I like to think of myself. What I'm capable of doing and reaching. Where's my limit. And why am I feeding on my regrets. It's true that I can be "master of all traits" but that would also mean I'll be "master of none." So which is better?

a) Master of some.
or
b) Jack of all traits.

ans: ...
reason: ...

Love y'all

No comments: