Thursday 4 October 2007

Ruzzie says...

I realised the stories Time magazine covers are mostly political in nature. The Iraq War issues (countless in total) often contain inside stories of the events that took, or taking, place plus how the politicians came to the decision that we see is being implemented. And the current one about the chaos in Burma. The journalist was vivid in her description of the events that took place, and the way she sees politics being played. Accentuating the ugly yet safe enough to neutralise her views. These are just the cover stories.

The other stories too are not spared from such political debate. The usual subjects of commentaries are US and Middle Eastern politicians. Of course not all of the stories, and issues, are laden with politics. Only a significant number is. The rest are quite neutral. Yet I cannot help but be enthralled at such wordplay, one that works when said by the right people rightfully.

On a slightly different tangent, reading Time has made me ponder of how we, small little minions in a large institution called society, act and react to our surroundings. The journalists from Time wrote in as much detail as they could so that readers will get a better picture of the status quo. They are helping us understand some things. And make legitimate conclusion so as not to appear as foolish when passing remarks.

And I think what we can take away from them, if not the stories they share, is how we should understand each other.

I mean come on lah, we sure to have misunderstanding with people right. "They" say...

(up till now I still don't know exactly who are the "they" they're refferring to, my "they" is the "they" who calls others as "they" when they themselves are actually under the name: "They". So which "they" are they referring to? My "they" or their "they" 'cause to me their "they" is the same "they" they are i.e themselves)...

conflicts among people is common. But can we like try not to get into conflict? I mean if we can think ans predict certain things, why not we start thinking and making predictions of our actions or what we have to say?

What I cannot stand is when people have ill-thoughts of others. A little bit only, start to think of the negative side and not the clear-cut obvious intention: the good intention.

For eg ah: in an office, the boss came in and told one of the workers that the office lights are be on during lunchtime. Now, it so happen that this worker who kene told by the boss is the one who often off the lights during lunchtime. So I was there lah with this worker. next thing I know the worker said this,"You se who she told? I know one. She's always like this. She knows I'm the one who off the lights ah so she purposely some and tell me."

I was like....err....ok? Like the hell is the matter Ma'am? She saw you so she tell you ah, why you wanna think so far far like that one. Of course I was saying it in my heart lah. The worker ticked me off with her nagativity. Errgh...

Sometimes also we tend to judge others too quickly. First impresson bad and voila, it's confirm plus chop that the person is bad. A lot of street-kids, ex-convicts, gangsters are the common target for such labelling. I don't see why we ought to do that. I don't make good impressions I know. And I know I get judged too quickly. Hrmmph...to some they're ok with it; no comments. To some they give me that raise eyebrow look.

And I don't about you guys ar but I think the cosmic changes in the world today are affecting the inhabitants. I'm fallin sick and feeling sick even when I'm not falling sick and after getting enough rest. And so many of my friends are too...seram sak...

Love y'all

No comments: