Saturday 10 November 2007

Sophisticated Mamat

I had many diva moments recently. Not that I like to brag but that's the nature of a diva. Anyway, the point is I found out today that men do bitch. Not as bad as women, but still...And of course not wanting to be left out of the conversation, I decided to join in the fun. And that was when I realised I'm a diva. A teenage drama boy. A well delusional kid with attitude. And a crybaby. I shan't elaborate any further for it'll spoil the personal touch I had attached to my experience, and also not make it diva-ish. Hello, golden words are only spoken once. Once missed, your loss.

But then again I wannabe a balanced person (it's bad enough my sexuality is imbalanced by my prerogative) so I tend to slip in and out of mat and sophisticated man lingo during my conversations with people (of the same frequency of course, remember diva!). And in the midst of it all, this came to mind:

1. My passion is music. My interest is dance. My life is acting.
2. With boredom comes great creativity.

I don't know how the fuck such corny slogan came to mind but I like them. And you know what I also like? Arguments. Only productive and quality discussions please. I ain't a dumb blond. I'm a sharp-tongued caramel (when I feel like it la).

Just now in camp Adam said,"There's a reason why patients are called as such. You need patience to deal with them." Ok fine so I accept the pun and wordplay. Cool. Creative. But I will not treat the two as the same. But he insisted that the two can be treated as similar.

First of all, they are two different nouns thus that would strike as the first stark difference. One is a tangible noun and the other is intangible. Though he's argument is valid - there's a possibility that one word caused the meaning of the other to conjure - the fundamental remains: they are not of the same object. They don't even share the same spelling. That's one irrevocable fatal flaw.

But he insisted. I gave him the same argument. I find no reason to provide others if he can't get the main reason I gave. I even wondered if he understood the crux of our conversation. Hahak.

Finally he said,"You should never mess with Mass Com students."

I rest my case. =)

I actually long for a conversation whereby I can dice the issue to its finest possible state, just to get the understanding right. And it's kinda fascinating (when you hold it with someone who knows the subject matter well). But I must admit some challenges are harder to beat than others. These are the kinds that made me sharper. Ironic but true.

So I may be a polyglot; rather I long to be one. But most of the time I'll stick to one language. 'Cause it finally come to my understanding that not everyone can understand me. I need to fine tune the frequency a lil most of the time. But sometimes it's good not changing: too lazy.

Nights!

Love ya'll

No comments: