Saturday 3 November 2007

Teen Titans

I'm on my way for a performance later at 1pm. It's a Hari Raya skit, organised by the Tampines Central CC. I'm playing an old man - a dogmatic father - again.

Just a sidetrack, I'd like to appeal to my peers and friends please cast me for a role closer to my age range. It's daunting being old. Thanks. =)

So meanwhile, I decide to facebook, blog and watch Teen Titans.

(for the record Teen Titans is my favourite cartoon show to date. I just couldn't watch it 'cause of work. It's good that now I have the time to get a sneak at it. And I think I'm gonnabe a lil late later, all in the name of yayness!)

There's something about Teen Titans that I find it worth watching. To me, it's not like any ordinary cartoon shows that's filled with stupid jokes and slapstick humour. Though Powerpuff girls can be considered in the same league, to a considerable extent, I still prefer Teen Titans.

Putting their superpowers aside, Robin, Starfire, Raven, Cyborg and Beastboy are simply youths who have this crazy idea that they can save the world.

If they hadn't had superpowers they would probably have formed an international youth group with the help of UNICEF and Angelina Jolie to organise activities that can benefit the youths from around the world - getting away from drugs, teenage pregnancies, looting, HIV.

It's an international government for youths by youths.

If you're asking why am I suddenly into this - and so passionately add that - is because I'm part of a youth theatre group called YellowChair Productions (YCP for short) who are out to connect youths from all walks of life to get together and bring about something productive for all. Headed by Shaiful - our Artistic Director - we devise plays that are pertinent to our society. It's the least we can do. It's fun anyway.

And on a more personal level, I'm just participating in the activities that are relevant to me, including supporting local talent. I got into the vibe when I went to the Singapore Art Cafe with Shaiful for an open jamming session yesterday.

And that's where I met Li Ann and Gena. Gena is a friend of Charlie who decided to drop by after Shaiful invited him since he's in the area afterall. It's totally cool how total strangers can simply click as if we've met for quite some time. I guess it's called "being in the same frequency." And Li Ann was the one who told me about the local music scene. From what I see and hear, they are promising.

And now I'm more interested in the local scene. They are very good. And I strongly encourage all of you to attend these gigs. You can get to more about it through my facebook, under the "group" section.

How to get there?
  1. Go to www.facebook.com
  2. Type Muhammad Ruzaini
  3. Go and search what I told you too: Singapore Art Cafe (for a start)

So it's youth and local scene for me now. I wanna learn more. It's just fascinating. =)

Love ya'll

No comments: