Saturday 25 August 2007

Excuse me

Why do we say "excuse me" and "bless you" when we see someone sneezes? The person just pollute the air you're breathing.

And why "excuse (yourself)" when you've sneezed? Trying to be polite lah I suppose. Tell you what...forget it ok!

Singaporeans are not polite, so don't bother. We rush to get on that bus so that we can grab that empty seat. We don't give up our seats for those in need (not all of us of course, most). We are kanchiong. Rushing.

Excuse me.

Stop trying to be polite. Be polite. Sincerely polite. No show. No acting. Singaporeans can act, very well - when it comes to personal interest. Maybe it's human nature. Maybe it's just typically Singaporean. So be proud people.

Excuse me.

Take for eg the whitening advert that feature Shah Rukh Khan. Polite to say,"Bastard sia the advertisers." (I'm saying the gist of the article) I don't know whether its the papers or the papers quoting from somewhere. "Excuse me but why the hell do you have to have such negative thoughts?"

Excuse me.

What about the papparazi? Not giving celebrities their privacy and spouting nonsense to spark controversies. That's polite?

Excuse me.

The ammendments to GST and CPF are for the betterment of all (?).

Excuse me.

Is it ok to tell others of your sexual fantasy? The one about this hot guy who wears a sleeveless top and a pair of short shorts at the beach. And when he takes off his shirt, his hard rock abs and arms reveal themselves...sending every kind of hormones in you to race frantically.

Excuse me.

Dear Z,
I'm sorry if I had offended you in any way. I still don't know why you went silent suddenly - it's both frustrating and terrifying. Please talk to me. I don't like losing my friends.

R

Excuse me.

Yesterday went to watch a video at camp - some traffic police thing. Of all the ten (I think) vids he showed on accidents in Singapore, no one bothers to come out and offer assistance to the flung out victims. They simply watch and look out for plate number; other's loss is our gain.

Excuse me.

Irritated? Point made.

Love y'all

No comments: