Monday 11 June 2007

She left us

It's not easy to forgive others, neither it is to forget. The people who have been in our lives, stay. Their gestures, quirks, idiosyncrasies, and behaviour will linger on. Despite the pain of knowing that they are only merely images in our minds now, we don't want to let them go. As I said earlier," the pain of separation, in a way, makes me feel good...(it's) the only thing that I can hold onto."

Although I will no longer hear her sweet soprano voice singing Hindi songs and contagious laughter again, I will not forget them. They will be on "playback record", so that my memory of her will still be fresh.

It has been 7 years since I last late grandmother, 3 years since I last saw my granfather and a couple of hours since I last saw my late grandaunt. I booked out of camp last night when my dad broke the news that my grandaunt just passed away on the phone.

A few hours passed so quickly. It made me realise how easy time moves on and awaits no one, and how short our stay here can be. So "don't regret living life", don't "live a life of regret." Although it is easier said than done, at the very least lose your grudges against others and forgive them, be less temperemental and hot-headed and be more calm and accomodating. It's actually very difficult to appreciate who and what we have, but tremendously easy to take it granted. Never underestimate the importance of this overrated advice.

I would wanna say my prayers to those who have left me, and extend it to my friends and relations. May we end up with those whom He dearly cares for later. Amin.

Love y'all

No comments: